From the moment of creation and across the ages Egypt has been the witness to the greatest events in human history. Egypt is a piece from the heavens that acted as the cradle of civilization spreading knowledge and starting a new age of evolution and advances that will better the world. Egypt has stood the test of time and created a paradise due to its blessed natural recourses and geographical location. The Egyptian civilization changed many times across the history of more than 5000 years which was able to learn from every challenge and develop their entire way of life. Egypt Tours Portal is a magical entrance to a new world filled with incredible wonders that are worthy of exploring. If struggle that Egypt has faced across history was able to be contained, controlled, and overcome as it is one a matter of time before everything goes back even better than before.
The Measures One Can Take to Avoid Covid-19
There are a number of measures that every traveler should be aware of to avoid the virus which are:
- Wash your hands often and very carefully. Always wash your hands with warm water and use antiviral and antibacterial soap and rub your hands together for 20 seconds or more. Clean everything by washing your wrists, between your fingers, and even under your fingernails, Always rewash your hands several times a day. When being outside use hand sanitizer after touching any foreign object
- Avoid touching your face as SARS-CoV-2 can live on some surfaces for 72 hours. You can get the virus on your hands if you touch a surface like your cell phone, a gas pump handle, and a doorknob so keep your hands away from your face or head, until you have to wash them correctly.
- Don’t shake hands and hugging people, avoid touching other people. Prevent Skin-to-skin contact to stop the transmission of the SARS-CoV-2.
- Don’t share any of your personal items. Always cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze as it can be carried by air droplets to other people through coughing, sneezing, or talking as it can land on hard surfaces and stay there for up to 3 days. Always use a tissue or sneeze into your elbow to keep your hands as clean as possible, then wash your hand probably.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces of your home by using alcohol-based disinfectants on all hard surfaces in your homes such as door handles, toys, countertops, furniture, your phone, pc, tablet, laptop, or any device that you may use several times a day. Disinfect all areas after you bring any foreign objects and groceries into your home.
- Take physical distancing seriously and keep a distance of 6 feet (2 m) from other people which means staying home and working remotely if possible.
- Do not gather in groups of any kind such as all religious places of worship riots, protests, concerts, cinemas, and any other.
- Avoid eating or drinking in public places as it can be transmitted through food, cups, utensils, and dishes.
- Avoid cold foods from restaurants and all food from buffets and open salad bars and choose foods that are thoroughly cooked and can be reheated. You can have delivery or takeaway food from a trusted source. Always cook at high heat (at least 132°F/56°C) as it helps to kill the coronavirus.
- Wash All Fresh Groceries Before Eating or Cooking.
- Wear a mask. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the United States and the WHO organization recommend that everyone should wear a face mask in public settings at all times. When then masks are used in the right way, it can help prevent the transmitting of the virus. This, in turn, slowing or even stopping the transmission of the virus. Some pointers to keep in mind:
- Wear surgical masks or N95 respirators.
- Wash your hands before you put on your mask.
- Wash your mask overtime after each use.
- If you’re wearing a mask, avoid touching the front of it as it can transmit the virus.
- Wash your hands if you touch the front of the mask.
A child under 2 years old should not wear a mask, plus a person who has trouble breathing, or a person with a disability who can’t remove the mask on their own.
Self-Quarantine if Sick
You should call your doctor if you have any kind of known symptoms and stay home until you recover. Avoid being with your family and friends in any shape or form even if all of you live in the same home.
The Procedures Taken By the Egyptian Authorities to Avoid COVID-19
Egypt’s cabinet has approved a number of coronavirus-related decisions, such as exempting all the tourists arriving in the cities of Luxor, Aswan, South Sinai, and the Red Sea, from paying the visa fees until the30 April in 2021 which have helped the revival of the Egyptian Tourism once more.
All travelers to Egypt including Egyptian citizens to Egypt will need to show a negative PCR test before boarding a flight in Egypt. The test needs to have been completed within 72 hours of flying to Egypt.
Visa services are giving would-be travelers in Egypt for the United States, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and eight other countries the ability to book a PCR test online. The tests in Egypt cost EGP 3.4k (at a testing center or at-home service), with results on email within 36 hours. Travelers booking from the US get results in 48 hours through a partner lab.
Tourism and Antiquities Minister Khaled El-Enany has stated that Egypt’s coastal attraction across the South Sinai and the red sea, have no sign of coronavirus infection at all.
Egypt’s Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities has said it will reopen all archaeological sites and museums nationwide with new limits on capacity and other hygiene rules in place. The ministry has listed a number of precautionary measures that will be followed once sites reopen, such as a 50% occupancy limit for the tourism cultural activities and for tourist transportation.
The limit number of visitors on-site is limited to 200 visitors per hour at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, and 100 visitors per hour for any other museums. A total limit of 10 to 15 visitors will be allowed inside pyramids or cemeteries.
Luxor and Aswan also will reopen for tour groups heading for all the typical sites such as the archaeological sites like the temples and tombs that hold historical attractions and museums which will open their doors countrywide after a five-month closure. The decision to open the hotels came from the Egyptian’s tourism government to resume the tourism activities under the tight precautionary measures against COVID-19. Archaeological sites and museums should also be notified 48 hours before university and school trips, with a maximum of 15 people per trip and with no more than five trips daily. Egypt Nile cruises have stared in October.
Best and Safe Places to Visit in Egypt
All the surroundings and destinations of Egypt are incredibly ready to offer themselves to any foreign traveler. The major cities like Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, and Aswan which holds incredible attractions like the Giza Pyramids Complex, the Khan El Khalili Bazaar, the Cairo Citadel, the Karnak temple, valley of the kings, Abu Simbel Temple, Edfu Temple plus the coastal cities of Hurghada and Sherm El Sheik. All the most visited attractions of Egypt have been cleaned very inch by inch to ensure the disappearance of the virus and the safety of all the visitors.
What to Do in Case of Getting Infected in Egypt
Most COVID-19 cases are easily-treated at home by delivering all the medication directly to your home but individuals over 65 years of age and those who suffer from medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, or respiratory illness or those who are otherwise immune-compromised are more likely to develop serious complications from coronavirus.
So it is advised that all potential coronavirus patients and carriers in Egypt notify the Ministry of Health and Population by calling 105 or 15335 to get the needed instructions on how to contact and control the disease depending on the condition of their symptoms and their entire medical history.
Egypt is one of the lucky few countries that controlled the virus and provide a safe and healthy atmosphere for all travelers all over the world which is a great achievement which was added to their infinite list of achievements and victories.